About Bug Fixes
Bug Fixes contains a number of different fixes for issues in the original game.
This hack can be enabled by ticking it in the Settings tab of the Mods List or via a mod requiring it explicitly (which will enable it regardless of whether or not the user has enabled it).
This is an outline of the settings for this hack.
|Visual > Cursor Position||Fixes an issue where the cursor is positioned incorrectly when using an aspect ratio other than 1:1.|
|Visual > Steering Animations||Fixes an issue preventing steering/swaying animations from playing.|
|Visual > Character Rotations||Fixes issues where character rotations are handled incorrectly when standing on top of movable objects such as platforms or cars.|
|Visual > HUD Coin Depth||Makes the coin on the HUD have depth.|
|Crashes > Main Menu Cheat Code Enter Crash||Fixes a crash when entering a cheat code on the main menu.|
|Crashes > Unlock All Camera Settings Crash||Fixes a crash related to the Unlock All Cameras cheat and the Settings menu is fixed.|
|Crashes > Late Focus Freeze||
Fixes the game freezing on the license screen if it's not focused soon enough.
|Crashes > Zone Load on Exit||
Fixes the game crashing if it tries loading a zone on exit.
Only exists if using the
|Crashes > Car Deleted While Loading CON File||
Fixes the game crashing if a car is deleted while it's CON file is still loading.
Only exists if using the
|Actors > Restore Wasp Collision||
Fixes an issue where Wasp Collision becomes disabled entirely (until the level is reloaded) after destroying some amount of wasp cameras resulting in cars being unable to destroy them.
|Vehicles > No Air Vent Audio||
Fixes an issue where air vent audio still plays when driving into a vent when inside a car.
This is an example configuration for this hack if it's required by a mod.
This configuration goes into
BugFixes.ini in the root of your mod.
We do not recommend copying this entire example into your mod. We recommend only using what is necessary.
; BugFixes.ini ; Force specific bug fixes to be enabled regardless of the user's setting. ; [Visual] Section ; HUDCoinDepth: Set whether or not the coin on the HUD will have depth. ; [Actors] Section ; RestoreWaspCollision: Set whether or not wasp collision gets re-enabled when spawning a wasp camera. ; [Crashes] Section ; FixCarDeletedWhileLoadingCONFileCrash: Set whether or not the game will crash if a car is deleted before it's CON file is finished loading. ; FixZoneLoadOnExitCrash: Set whether or not the game will crash if the game tries to load a zone while exiting. ; [Vehicles] Section ; NoAirVentAudio: Set whether or not the game will play dialog and an air vent sound when driving into the trigger for an airvent. [Visual] HUDCoinDepth=1 [Actors] RestoreWaspCollision=1 [Crashes] FixCarDeletedWhileLoadingCONFileCrash=1 FixZoneLoadOnExitCrash=1 [Vehicles] NoAirVentAudio=1
- Added "Crashes > Car Deleted While Loading CON File" when using "-testing".
- Also added a "FixCarDeletedWhileLoadingCONFileCrash" to the "[Crashes]" section of BugFixes.ini since mods are intended to opt into this.
- Added "Crashes > Zone Load on Exit" when using "-testing".
- Also added a "FixZoneLoadOnExitCrash" to the "[Crashes]" section of BugFixes.ini since mods are intended to opt into this.
- Added "Vehicles > No Air Vent Audio".
- Also added a "NoAirVentAudio" property to the "[Vehicles]" section of BugFixes.ini.
Renamed "Fix Late Focus Freeze" to "Late Focus Freeze".
- Added "Actors" > "Restore Wasp Collision".
- This fixes an issue where destroying a certain number of wasps disables their collision until the level is fully reloaded.
- Changed the tooltip for "Character Rotations" to be more specific about what it does. The hack's description was also updated to reflect this change.
- Made "Fix Steering Animations" also fix the steering/swaying animation cancelling immediately/starting again repeatedly.
Fixed an issue where "BugFixes.ini" wasn't required and wasn't included when compiling mods that require the hack.
- Added a fix for a crash related to the options menu and the Unlock All Cameras cheat.
- Added a fix for the crash that happens if the game is not focused fast enough on the license screen.
- Moved the Main Menu Cheat Code Enter crash fix to the new Crashes group.
Changes prior to this version were not adequately tracked.